Let your loved ones know how excited you are that they have come to share in your special day. Surprise them with a wedding welcome gift that has all of the celebration essentials! This is a great way to show your friends and family much it means that they're here with a mix of practical and personal items.
Love the idea but not sure of what to include in a wedding welcome gift? We've got you covered. Check out our wedding welcome gift ideas your guests will adore.
Things They'll Use
- Reusable tote. This eco-friendly option is practical on so many levels. It can hold the rest of your wedding welcome gifts, it won't take up too much room in their suitcase for the trip back home, and it can be used over and over again (for the grocery store, the beach, you name it). After all, you can never have too many totes.
- Hangover helpers. Look out for your guests the morning after they party hard at your wedding. Water and aspirin are always appreciated, and you could even include electrolyte packets or a sports beverage to help guests hydrate and aid in their recovery.
- Emergency kit. Provide guests with a few of the bare necessities. Bandages and antiseptics for unexpected scrapes or blisters from new shoes. Sewing kits for last minute alterations, like that loose button that chose your wedding day to fall off. Tissues for the happy tears that are sure to be shed during the ceremony. Mints or gum for an after dinner refresher.
- Destination must haves. Getting married somewhere warm and sunny? Include travel sunscreen to protect them from the rays and a folding fan to help keep them cool. Tying the knot in a winter wonderland? Include fuzzy socks to warm their feet after a night on the dance floor and hand lotion to help they hydrate in the drier cold weather.
- Itinerary. Sure guests can look up all of your event details on your wedding website, but having a physical copy ensures they know what is happening when.
Things They'll Love
- Snack time. Help out hungry travelers with a few snacks to munch on when they arrive. Serve up a mix of sweet, savory, and healthy options to appeal to everyone's tastebuds. Showcase local treats that your destination is known for or have them indulge in the couple's favorite snacks.
- What to see and do. Introduce guests to the area by including a map with a list of favorite restaurants, fun events, and things to do. This is indispensable to out-of-town guests that aren't familiar with the area and, for those that are, let them know where you like to go. Showcase the couple's favorite things, restaurants to try, and sights to see.
- Include your pets. Whether your pet is in your wedding or not, a wedding welcome gift can showcase these lovable family members. Include custom cookies of your puppy, print an illustration of your cat on a tote bag, or personalize socks with your bird - the options are endless.
- Keepsake. This could be a postcard from the destination, a custom koozie with your wedding date or monogram, or a "best of" gift showcasing what the city is know for.
- A note from the couple. A wedding welcome gift is a great opportunity to add a personal touch. You may not be able to greet everyone before the big day so let your friends and family know how happy you are that they made the trip and thank them for their support. Not a big writer? Record a video message that guests can access via a QR code on your note!
- Check with the hotel ahead of time. Confirm that the hotel offers a gift drop service and make arrangements on whether to have gifts in the room when guests arrive OR picked up at check in.
- Check with your gift provider. Make sure the gift provider can deliver to the hotel and iron out any details regarding the handoff from them to hotel.
Getting Married in Austin? We can help!
We're lucky to call this beautiful city home, and we're always proud to spread a little ATX love to visitors and locals alike. As you know, at The Cupcake Bar we love to celebrate, and what better way to celebrate an Austin wedding than a gift full of Austin essentials?
Enjoy the best of ATX! Our Austin, Texas-Themed Gift is full of goodies, and to make it authentically Austin, we sourced our items from some of our favorite local vendors—which makes it the perfect wedding welcome gift.
- Stroopwafels from Stroop Club
- "Austin, Texas" pint glass from Pride Socks
- Mexican wedding cookies from Siete
- Longhorn Mix (Caramel and Kettle Corn) from Cornucopia Popcorn
- "Texas Chewie" Pecan Pralines from Lammes Candies
- 4 oz container of Drink Glitter from The Cupcake Bar
- "Austin, TX" vinyl sticker
- Austin skyline canvas tote bag
- Contents may vary
This curated gift includes with our Drink Glitter - guaranteed to add some sparkle as everyone toasts to the newly weds!
Customize it! Welcome your wedding guests with local gifts wrapped up in your color scheme along with a message from you and your future spouse. Reach out for a quote!
We're ready to fill your bulk orders! Let us handle the hotel drops for your wedding welcome gifts. We’re here to help, and we strive to do everything we can to make it easy on you. Get in touch with our Celebration Specialists to begin!